Monday, July 7, 2008

Alexandre Cabanel Cleopatra Testing Poisons on Condemned Prisoners painting

Alexandre Cabanel Cleopatra Testing Poisons on Condemned Prisoners painting
Theodore Chasseriau Apollo and Daphne painting
as Byrney as her nose. But in the end it will be all right."
"You'll have to give up a good many things you've always had, when you marry Mr. Blake, Phil."
"But I'll have HIM. I won't miss the other things. We're to be married a year from next June. Jo graduates from St. Columbia this spring, you know. Then he's going to take a little mission church down on Patterson Street in the slums. Fancy me in the slums! But I'd go there or to Greenland's icy mountains with him."
"And this is the girl who would NEVER marry a man who wasn't rich," commented Anne to a young pine tree.
"Oh, don't cast up the follies of my youth to me. I shall be poor as gaily as I've been rich. You'll see. I'm going to learn how to cook and make over dresses. I've learned how to market since I've lived at Patty's Place; and once I taught a Sunday School class for a whole summer. Aunt Jamesina says I'll ruin Jo's career if I marry him. But I won't. I know I haven't much sense or sobriety, but I've got what is ever so much better -- the knack of making people

No comments: