Friday, August 29, 2008

Gustave Courbet The Origin of the World painting

Gustave Courbet The Origin of the World paintingGustave Courbet Plage de Normandie paintingThomas Kinkade HOMETOWN MORNING painting
He admitted then that his unwonted vociferousness was due to his certainty that I'd challenge the ground of his recent Certification by "the Grand Tutor," which now he showed me.Passèd are the riot-quellers, it read:if order is better than disorder, Lucius Rexford is a Candidate for Graduation.
"My assumption is that orderis better than disorder," he said. "I don't question that for a second, and frankly I don't care to hear it questioned."
I assured him that I had no quarrel with the proposition; on the contrary, I was ready to affirm (as I would not have been on the previous day) that order and disorder were like Passage and Failure, not to be confused either in fact or in value. I kept to myself certain reservations about his comment on theTaliped play (had he forgotten that Cadmus was rotting and dying from the poison of the Dean's secret flunkage? And that Gynander, the Cadmusian equivalent of a Grand Tutor, hadnot been ignorant of the awful answer?) and commended sincerely both his distinction between theory and practice in s

No comments: