Thursday, August 28, 2008

Leonardo da Vinci Head of Christ painting

Leonardo da Vinci Head of Christ paintingLeonardo da Vinci da Vinci Self Portrait paintingLeonardo da Vinci Mona Lisa Painting painting
had been ready to go onstage to the Grateway when the lights went out; now I could see nothing. But a host of little clickings all about the hall reminded me thatmy pocket-torch was not empty. I pressed its switch, and a beam of light aimed past the rostrum. Someone enviously said, "Lucky!" Stoker laughed again. I climbed onstage, went directly to where the Chancellor waited with his party, and offered my hand to be shaken. Guards seized me.
"He's okay," an aide said.
"The flunk he is," said another.
"Spielman's kid, isn't it?"
"So?"
They spoke virtually at once: things were balled up altogether; the newspapers mustn't get wind of it, or there'd be the Dunce to pay; first Bray, then Spielman, then the Turnstile mess, nowthis; what the flunk next?
"Tell Bray to make a statement," Rexford ordered. "No panic, everything's in order,that sort of thing. Somebody find out if my flunking brother has anything to do with this. Let's get back to the Chancellory."
"Take that guy's light," someone told someone else.

No comments: