Monday, September 29, 2008

Lorenzo Lotto paintings

Lorenzo Lotto paintings
Louis Aston Knight paintings
Leon Bazile Perrault paintings
Dick, you can’t think what I’ve been through in the last ten days. I’m living up there alone with only a door between me and a madman. He hates me, Dick, I know it. It is not imagination. Every night he comes and tries at my door and then shuffles off again. I can’t stand it. One night I shall forget and then God knows what that man will do to me.”
So it went on and one day I went up to Guy’s room in the morning. He was not there, but his scout was, and I found him in the act of taking the key from Guy’s bedroom door. I knew I had no right to ask him, but I said:
“Hullo, Ramsey, what are you doing with Mr. Legge’s key?”
Ramsey showed, as only a scout can show, that I had been guilty of a gross breach of good manners and answered me:
“The gentleman next door wanted it, sir. He has lost his and wanted to see if it would fit.”
“Did Mr. Legge say that you could take it?”
“No, sir. I did not think it necessary to ask him.”

No comments: