Thursday, September 11, 2008

Momento de Paz

Momento de PazJose Royo Azul MediterraneoPino Soft Light
asked for execution. Said he loved his son more than he loved the brotherhood of students. I imagine they'll oblige him."
"What is this!" Leonid cried. not. But what the heck anyhow, George! I'm going to start from scratch, what I meanunderstanding-wise. Things look different to a fellow's been through what I been through. I got a long ways to go."
"Pass you!" I declared.
"Into first grade,"he added wryly. "I might Graduate yet, one of these days. But the odds ain't much."
"They never are! Look for me at Founder's Hill tomorrow."
He now wept freely, and his wounded eye bled a little onto his cheeks. He supposed with a laugh that he'd have no more hallucinations, at least, and wondered aloud whether a mixture of blood and tears might be good for acne. "Come on," he said then to Leonid; "I'll show you the way to the Pedal Inn."
"Never mind," I said. "Look: you and Pete have ended your quarrel. Re-defect! Tell your stepfather his confession was selfish: he wants them to kill him so he won't have to kill himself. Then tell himthat's all right! Do you see?"
"George!" Leonid's forehead

No comments: