Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Edward Hopper Summertime painting

Edward Hopper Summertime paintingEdward Hopper Summer Evening paintingEdward Hopper Room in New York painting
uncomfortable position and that Marcellus himself had insulted you-I swear to you that Augustus never knew about this until just the other day he would have done all in his power to right matters. My frank opinion is that you have behaved like a sulky child -and he has treated you like a father who won't be bullied by that sort of behaviour. You say that he wrote you very cold letters. Were your own, then, written in such affectionate language? And what sort of a good-bye had you given him? I want to mediate between the two of you now, because if this breach continues it will be the ruin of us all. You both love each other dearly, as it is only right that the two greatest living Romans should. Augustus has told me that he is ready, as soon as you show your old openness to him, to renew the friendship on the same terms as before, or even more intimate ones."
"He said that?"
"His very words. May I tell him how grieved you are that you offended him, and may I explain that it was a

No comments: