Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tamara de Lempicka Portrait of Marjorie Ferry painting

Tamara de Lempicka Portrait of Marjorie Ferry paintingTamara de Lempicka Portrait of Ira paintingTamara de Lempicka Nude with Sails painting
reassure Agrippina (who was now in mourning for her sister Julilla, who had just died after a twenty-years exile in that wretched little island of Tremerus). So gradually I stopped visiting her house, to avoid embarrassment. I and EIia were man and wife only in name. The first thing she said to me when we went into our bridal-chamber was:
"Now understand, Claudius, that I don't want you to touch me and that if we ever have to sleep together again in one bed, like to-night, there'll be a coverlet between us, and the least movement you make-out you go. And another thing: you mind your own and I'll mind mine…"
I said. "Thank you: you have taken a great load off my mind."
She was a dreadful woman. She had the loud persistent eloquence of an auctioneer in the slave-market. I soon gave up trying to answer her back. Of course I still lived at Capua, and Elia never came to see me there, but Sejanus insisted that whenever I visited Rome I should be seen in her company as much as possible.

No comments: