Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thomas Moran Autumn Landscape painting

Thomas Moran Autumn Landscape painting
Very well, I will take it,' said Frodo. Bilbo put it on him, and fastened Sting upon the glittering belt; and then Frodo put over the top his old weather-stained breeches, tunic, and jacket.'Just a plain hobbit you look,' said Bilbo. 'But there is more about you now I sit beside the fire and think
Jacques-Louis David Napoleon crossing the Alps paintingJoaquin Sorolla y Bastida Children on the Beach paintingThomas Gainsborough The Morning Walk painting
than appears on the surface. Good luck to you!' He turned away and looked out of the window, trying to hum a tune.'I cannot thank you as I should, Bilbo, for this, and for all our past kindnesses,' said Frodo.'Don't try!' said the old hobbit, turning round and slapping him on the back. `Ow!' he cried. `You are too hard now to slap! But there you are: Hobbits must stick together, and especially Bagginses. All I ask in return is: take as much care of yourself as you can. and bring back all the news you can, and any old songs and tales you can come by. I'll do my best to finish my book before you return. I should like to write the second book, if I am spared.' He broke off and turned to the window again, singing softly.I sit beside the fire and think of all that I have seen,of meadow-flowers and butterflies in summers that have been; Of yellow leaves and gossamer in autumns that there were,with morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair.

No comments: