Thursday, June 5, 2008

Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot paintings

Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot paintings
James Childs paintings
John Singleton Copley paintings
Joaquin Sorolla y Bastida paintings
great curiosity to see, but thought I would first trouble you with these few lines, and shall always remain, -- Your sincere well-wisher, friend, and sister,
"LUCY FERRARS.
"I have burnt all your letters, and will return your picture the first opportunity. Please to destroy my scrawls; but the ring, with my hair, you are very welcome to keep."
Elinor read and returned it without any comment.
"I will not ask your opinion of it as a composition," said Edward. "For worlds would not I have had a letter of hers seen by you in former days. In a sister it is bad enough, but in a wife! How I have blushed over the pages of her writing! and I believe I may say that since the first half year of our foolish -- business -- this is the only letter I ever received from her, of which the substance made me any amends for the defect of the style."

No comments: