Sunday, October 5, 2008

George Frederick Watts Creation painting

George Frederick Watts Creation paintingUnknown Artist Venice Grand Canal paintingUnknown Artist Grand Canal scene painting
Mr Kramm’s roses and sent them with my love to Julia.
She telephoned while I was being shaved.
‘W hat a deplorable thing to do, Charles! How unlike you!’
‘Don’t you like them?’
‘What can I do with roses on a day like this?’
‘Smell them.’
There was a pause and a rustle of unpacking. ‘They’ve absolutely no smell at all.’
‘What have you had for breakfast?’
‘Muscat grapes and cantaloupe’
‘When shall I see you?’
‘Before lunch. I’m busy till then with a masseuse.’
‘A masseuse?’


‘Yes, isn’t it peculiar? I’ve never had one before, except once when I hurt my shoulder hunting. What is it about being on a boat that makes everyone behave like a film star?’ ‘I don’t.’
‘How about these very embarrassing roses?’

No comments: