Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Vincent van Gogh Wheatfield with Crows painting

Vincent van Gogh Wheatfield with Crows paintingVincent van Gogh The Starry Night paintingEdmund Blair Leighton God Speed painting
moonlight, by wish and hope and simple expectation. I’ve given up my car.”Amazed, Fric clenched the phone so hard that his hand ached, as if he might squeeze a few more revealing words from the mirror man.Mysterious Caller met silence with silence, waited.Of all the kinds of weirdness Fric had been expecting, this had not been on the list.Finally, say ‘shit’?”“I just did. But then I’m new at this, and I’m quite capable of making a mistake now and then.”“You’re still wearing your training wings.”“You could say that. Anyway, I don’t want to see any harm come [307] to you, Aelfric. But I alone can’t guarantee your safety. You’ve got to help save yourself from Moloch when he comes.” Beetles, snails, foreskins ...with a tremor of a different quality in his voice, he said, “Are you telling me you’re an angel?”“Do you believe I could be?”“My ... guardian angel?”Instead of answering directly, the mirror man said, “Believing is important in all this, Aelfric. In many ways, the world is what we make it, and our future is ours to shape.”“My father says that our future is in the stars, our fate set when we’re born.”“There’s much in your old man to admire, son, but as far as his thoughts on fate are concerned, he’s full of shit.”“Wow,” said Fric, “can angels

No comments: