Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Unknown Artist Brent Lynch Cigar Bar painting

Unknown Artist Brent Lynch Cigar Bar paintingUnknown Artist Paris Eiffel Tower paintingRene Magritte The Son of Man painting
power was a delusion, but that delusions may be full of power: Lady Fancydid become my mistress after all;did mother offspring that my innocent lust got on her -- orphans now, but whose hard neglect may be the saving of them in the long run. Think it if you will a further innocence on my part; I stand convinced that she did by George love me while she loved me, and that what she loved was the very thing that ruined us in the end: I mean my epic unsophistication. And this because, contrary to appearance and common belief, she shares it herself; it is if not the essence of her spirit at least one among its chiefer qualities, and has much to do with that goldenness of hers. How else explain the peculiar radiance she maintains despite her past, a freshness as well of spirit as of complexion, which leads each new suitor to take her for a maiden girl? My ambition tohusband her, exclusively and forever, as who should aspire to make aHausfrau out of a love-goddess -- do you think she indulged it as a joke, or tickled a jaded appetite by playing at ? Very well:I choose to think the experiment pleased her as simply and ingenuously as it pleased me; we were equally distressed to see it fail, and whatever the fate of our progeny I

No comments: